- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
If you get stuck, write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- Sarah Manley
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
Hey - Merge IdeaEdit
I have noticed that you are the founder for six or seven wikias that cover a similar topic. If you want to streamline and merge some of these wikias or allow someone else to take charge of them, so you can focus on one wikia.
abc-daytime-two.wikia.com (with a different founder)
abc-daytime.wikia.com (with a different founder)
Merge B (but this doesn't have to be)
If you want to some help with these, I can help. I do get that editors/admins might want to start their own, because of difference of how to style their wikia and articles. However, if we can streamline these wikias, that would be amazing! I just don't see why there needs to be four ABC Daytime Wikias and four Soap Opera Wikias that have the same scope.
I have talked to abc-daytime.wikia.com and he is willing to merge abc-daytime into this abc daytime (and abc-daytime-2). Please let me know,
Please respond to any merge ideas that you have. I am willing to merge few wikias into yours or even just redirect the other wikias to yours. So we have one general abc daytime wikia to find. Please reply.